COVID Safety Info.
As of Wednesday 26th January 2022, all restrictions will be lifted in England, this includes proof of vaccination status and/or negative lateral flow test within 48 hours of attending.
As always we ask all guests if you have any symptoms of COVID or feel unwell, please stay at home.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation here as we try to keep the live music & entertainment industry open and look forward to welcoming you to the venue.
A covid passport is now required to enter the venue from the 17th of December, 2021. Please have the NHS app open and ready to be shown on arrival.
A covid passport will be on the NHS app if you have either:
1) Been double vaccinated
2) Registered a lateral flow test via the NHS website within 48 hours of attending the show
Following the latest government announcement please note:
• Live shows: A COVID pass is not required for our live shows. We still kindly ask that you take a test within 48 hours of the show as a precaution if you can. These can be ordered for free on gov.uk or collected from most pharmacies. If you’ve had a positive result, please stay at home.
We will also not be serving alcohol past 01:00 to help stop the spread.
• New Year’s Eve Show & After Party: A COVID pass is required for our show on New Year’s Eve. This can easily be accessed through the NHS app if you have completed a full course of vaccinations or if you have tested negative for coronavirus within the last 72 hours.
We kindly ask the following from our guests before arriving at the venue:
• If you have any symptoms of COVID or feel unwell, please stay at home
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation here as we try to keep the live music industry open and look forward to welcoming you to the venue.
With the announcment from government yesterday (08/12/21), all guests will now be required to wear masks on arrival unless exempt, these can be removed whilst at your tables. Covid Passports are not mandatory as we are a small venue under 500 capacity.
Face coverings are manditory for all London Cabaret Club staff, along with all staff and cast members required to provided a negative lateral flow test every week.
Although not manditory, we strongly encourage all guests who are attending to have a negative lateral flow test before arriving.
The London Cabaret Club is committed to the safety of its patrons, staff and cast. Although not manditory, The London Cabaret Club has made the decision to reintroduce face coverings for all client facing staff, along with all staff and cast members required to provided a negative lateral flow test every week.
Face coverings are no longer required by law, but recommend that customers should continue to wear them (unless medically exempt), in crowded and enclosed settings, to protect themselves and others. However the safety of audiences, staff and performers remains our priority, please help us keep everyone safe by following the following guidance:
If you have COVID symptoms you must not attend the venue, this includes if you :
- have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- believe you may be infected with COVID-19, whether you have symptoms or not
- have experienced symptoms in the last 14 days
- have been in close contact with anyone who has experienced symptoms in the last 14 days
- have arrived in England in the last 14 days from a country where UK quarantine restrictions apply
- have been instructed to self-isolate by test and trace
We encourage all customers where possible to wear a face covering (unless medically exempt) and respect other peoples personal space while moving around the theatre and especially in congested areas.
All of our staff will continue to wear face coverings at all times as part of our venue risk assessment process.
We encourage all customers to participate in the Government’s Lateral Flow testing programme to obtain negative tests before your visit. All our staff and performers are regularly tested to ensure your safety.
Please be respectful to staff and be aware that we have a zero-tolerance policy approach to abuse of any kind towards our staff.
We encourage all customers to use our hand sanitiser stations when in the building.